Clifford H. Pearson is a civil litigator, business lawyer and mediator focusing on complex litigation, class actions, and business law. In 2013, 2016, 2021 and 2022 Mr. Pearson was named by the Daily Journal as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in California. Additionally, Mr. Pearson was named as one of the Daily Journal’s 2019 Top Plaintiff Lawyers and in 2022 he was named one of the Top Antitrust Lawyers. He was instrumental in negotiating a landmark settlement totaling $1.86 billion in In re Credit Default Swaps Antitrust Litigation, a case alleging a conspiracy among the world’s largest banks to maintain opacity of the credit default swaps market. Mr. Pearson also negotiated $473 million in combined settlements in In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, an antitrust case in the Northern District of California that alleged a decade-long conspiracy to fix the prices of TFT-LCD panels and over $90 million in In re Potash Antitrust Litigation, an antitrust case in the Northern District of Illinois that alleged price fixing by Russian, Belarusian and North American producers of potash, a main ingredient used in fertilizer. Mr. Pearson currently serves as co-lead counsel in both the In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation and In re Pork Antitrust Litigation antitrust class action cases alleging price fixing in the broiler and pork industries. He also serves as co-lead counsel in the Senne, et al. v. Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, et al., a certified wage and hour class action on behalf of minor league baseball players alleging that they were not properly compensated.
Before creating the firm in 2006, Mr. Pearson was a partner at one of the largest firms in the San Fernando Valley, where he worked for 22 years. There, he represented aggrieved individuals, investors and employees in a wide variety of contexts, including toxic torts, consumer protection and wage and hour cases. Over his almost 40 year career, Mr. Pearson has successfully negotiated substantial settlements on behalf of consumers, small businesses and companies. In recognition of his outstanding work on behalf of clients, Mr. Pearson has been regularly selected by his peers as a Super Lawyer (representing the top 5% of practicing lawyers in Southern California). He has also attained Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating (AV) for legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Pearson is an active member of the American Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, and Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Ill.)
- In re Pork Antitrust Litigation (D. Minn.)
- North American Soccer League, LLC v. United States Soccer Federation, Inc., and Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (E.D.N.Y.)
- Senne, et al. v. Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, et al. (N.D. Cal.)
- Whittier Law School, Los Angeles, California – J.D. – 1981
- University of Miami, Miami, Florida – M.B.A. – 1978
- Carleton University, Ontario, Canada – B.A. – 1976
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association