Melissa S. Weiner is a partner and civil litigator whose work is squarely focused on combating consumer deception. Her experience is expansive, including class actions related to consumer protection, product defect, intellectual property, automotive, false advertising and data breach. Ms. Weiner has taken a leadership role in numerous large class actions and MDLs in cases across the country.
A contributor to her professional community, Ms. Weiner serves as Chair of the Development Committee for Public Justice and serves on the Minnesota Bar Association Food & Drug Law Council. In recognition of her outstanding efforts in the legal community, each year since 2012, Ms. Weiner has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star by Minnesota Law & Politics.
Ms. Weiner has been appointed to leadership positions in the following MDLs and consolidated cases:
- In Re: Luxottica of America, Inc. Data Security Breach Litigation (S.D. Ohio) (Appointed Interim Executive Committee Member);
- Culbertson v. Deloitte Consulting LLP (S.D.N.Y.) (Appointed to Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee), a nationwide data breach class action;
- In Re: Fairlife Milk Products Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (N.D. Ill.) (Appointed Interim Co-Lead Counsel);
- In Re Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Marketing & Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation (D.N.M.) (chair of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and member of the Plaintiffs’ Oversight Committee);
- In Re Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Marketing, Sales Practices & Product Liability Litigation (W.D. Okla.), (appointed to Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee), a nationwide class action regarding a design defect in 2.8 million top loading washing machines, which resulted in a nationwide settlement;
- In Re Windsor Wood Clad Window Product Liability Litigation (E.D. Wis.), a nationwide class action regarding allegedly defective windows, which resulted in a nationwide settlement.
- In Re: Blackbaud, Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation (D.S.C.), nationwide data breach class action, (appointed to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee).
- Dusko v. Delta Airlines, Inc. (N.D. Ga.), a nationwide breach of contract class action (appointed as Co-Lead Class Counsel);
- In re Apple Inc. App Store Simulated Casino Style Games Litigation (N.D. Cal.), a multi-state statutory class action (appointed to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee).
- Anurag Gupta v. Aeries Software, Inc. (C.D. Cal.) (data breach)
- Ashour v. Arizona Beverages USA LLC et al. (S.D.N.Y.) (false advertising/mislabeling)
- Benson et al v. Newell Brands Inc., et al. (N.D. Ill.) (false advertising/mislabeling)
- Connor Burns v. Mammoth Media, Inc. (C.D. Cal.) (data breach)
- Daniels v. Delta Air Lines, Inc. (N.D. Ga.). (COVID-19 pandemic relief)
- In Re Pork Antitrust Litigation (D. Minn.)
- In Re Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation (W.D. Okla.)
- In Re Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation (D. N.M.) (false advertising/mislabeling)
- Dusko v. Delta Airlines, Inc., (N.D. Ga.) (breach of contract)
- Bombin v. Southwest Airlines Co., (E.D. Pa.) (breach of contract)
- Freeman v. MAM USA Corp. (N.D. Ill.) (false advertising/mislabeling)
- In re: Apple Inc. App Store Simulated Casino-Style Games Litig.; In re: Facebook, Inc. App Center Simulated Casino-Style Games Litig.; and In re: Google Play Store Simulated Casino-Style Games Litig. (N.D. Cal).